Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Cox Fire Protection has a long standing record of nondiscrimination in employment and opportunity because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex or age. The President has issued the following policy stating the Company’s views in this matter:
It is the policy of Cox Fire Protection to:
- strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure equal opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status;
- comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). Cox Fire Protection will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability.
- make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.
- thoroughly investigate instances of alleged discrimination and take corrective action if warranted;
- be continually alert to identify and correct any practices by individuals that are at variance with the intent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.